Recipe of the Week
Sure this might sound funny but there really is no reason why breakfast foods have to be eaten for breakfast, right? Why not try mixing it up a bit. Many people in the paleo-ish realm often say they have a hard time finding new breakfast foods. Whats wrong with a piece of salmon or cod for breakfast? A breakfast pork chop? Or in this case, a breakfast salad!
There is no right or wrong way of making a salad. In my book, anything goes when it comes to salads. Try throwing some fruit into this recipe as well. Ain’t no biggie should you throw in some fresh pears or apples.
What You Shall Need:
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1 green onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes quartered or 1/8
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- ½ bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 or 2 eggs (for poaching)
- Prosciutto or bacon, however much you’d like
- 1 small apple or pear, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp rice or white vinegar ( to boil/poach the egg)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
What You Shall Do:
- Salads typically aren’t too complicated to make 🙂
- In a small saucebowl placed over medium-high heat, bring the water to a just a boil then immediately add the rice or white vinegar.
- Break the egg into the water, turn off the heat, and cook for about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix the greens, bell pepper, tomatoes, and prosciutto or bacon in a serving bowl.
- Add the oil and vinegar dressing to the salad.
- Add the poached egg(s) and sliced avocado on top of the salad and it’s ready!