Slow Cooker Curried Chicken Soup
What You Shall Need:
1 and a half punds of boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into chunks.
6 cups of veggies, chopped. I used carrots, onions, peppers, broccoli and tomatoes
1-14 oz. can of full fat coconut milk
1 cup crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce)
1 tbsp cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup water
salt, to taste
What You Shall Do:
1. Cut the chicken and veggies into medium chunks. Put everything into the crock pot.
2. Stir in the coconut milk and crushed tomatoes. Then add the spices:cumin, ground coriander, ginger, garlic, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Add the water. Stir to combine everything.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours on low.
4. If you want it more like a curry and less like a soup, omit the 1 cup of water above. You can also remove the lid from the crockpot for the last hour of cooking so some of the moisture evaporates.
5. Season to taste with salt.
6. Serve either on its own or if you’re feeling naughty, serve it over cauliflower rice.
Feel free to garnish with cilantro, parsley, avocado or any combination therein.