Recipe of the Week!
We’ve been having a salad- frenzy at our home over the past few weeks. Not only am I not mad but I don’t even miss meat. Dare I say that?!
ASIAN ALMOND CHICKEN SALAD
For the actual salad part you can add or take away ingredients as desired. Essentially what this comes down to is the dressing. We experiment dressings with the base ingredients of almond butter and coconut milk then add ingredients as desired.
For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsp almond butter, creamy
- 2 tbsp fish sauce. We use Red Boat
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
For the Salad:
- 3-4 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 6-8 small kohlrabi roots, sliced; or you can sub/add sliced apples
- Bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- Bunch of basil, finely chopped
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Cherry tomatoes
For the dressing simply combine all the ingredients in a small box and mix. For the salad simply chuck everything into a bigger bowl, mix well and top with dressing. Feel free to garnish with more cilantro and/or avocado.
Remember- you can never go wrong with a salad!