Tuscan Chicken Skillet
This dish is for all the tomato lovers whom don’t wanna spend too much time preparing food! This only takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare, and about 20 minutes or so to cook. It also makes for some great leftovers!
What You Shall Need:
1 lb chicken breast tenders/tenderloin
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic
12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 can ( 15 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme ( double if use fresh)
Cooking fat- olive oil, bacon fat, coconut oil, ghee/grassfed butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
What You Shall Do:
- Melt cooking fat in large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken; set aside on plate.
- Add some more cooking fat to the pan
- Add the sliced mushrooms and brown for a few minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for another two minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, oregano, thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about ten minutes.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, combine well, adjust the seasoning if needed, and serve. I served over cauliflower rice with sweet potatoes.