Ain’t nobody going to complain about an amazing, simple, and cheap recipe, right? I mean what else is there to ask for in a recipe. Amiright?
This takes less than a half hour to prepare. There is really no prep time and the ingredient list is short and simple. Plus, it pairs well with just about anything your hear desires. For example, marry it with rice, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash and one of my all time favorites, cauliflower mash and/or cauliflower rice.
What You Shall Need:
Cooking fat of choice- I used grass-fed butter.
1 small onion, diced
6-8 ounces mushrooms, sliced.
2 lbs chicken breast, cut up into bite sized pieces
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
One large head cooked broccoli ( under cooked as it will cook more once you add it to the pan)
1 tbs basil- absolutely always prefer fresh
1 tbsp oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
What You Shall Do:
- In pan heat your fat of choice over medium hear
- Add onion and mushrooms, cook for a few minutes until they just begin to soften.
- Add chicken to skillet, mix well and cook chicken
- Just before it is cooked through, add in your cumin, juice of half of a lemon and broccoli.
- Add basil, oregano and more lemon juice. Add more fat, salt and pepper to taste and continue to mix.
- You’re done. Now enjoy!