Recipe of the Week!
Many a time people run out of ideas for breakfast foods. Individuals often want other options than the typical eggs or egg containing meals. Here is a gem that incorporates a whole bunch of good fasts- from nuts and flax seeds. Heavy on the omega 3’s, this is sure to keep you satiated for quite some time. Try it for yourself, it’s certainly a tasty little treat!
What You Shall Need:
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pecans
2 tbsp flax seeds, ground
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
1/4 tsp ginger, ground or 1 tsp fresh grated
1 tbsp almond butter
1 medium banana, mashed
3 large eggs, whole
1/4 cup almond milk (or more for desired consistency)
2 tsp pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup fresh berries- I used blueberries and strawberries
What You Shall Do:
- Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed and spices to a food processor and pulse to mix to coarse grain. DO NOT ground into powder! Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk until the consistency thickens and becomes loose custard.
- Thoroughly blend the mashed banana and almond butter together and add it to the custard, making sure to mix well.
- Stir in the nut mixture
- In saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove until mixture reaches the desired consistency and whisked eggs look firm, about 5 minutes. Frequently stir.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and berries on top. Add more almond milk if desired.