Recipe of the Week
Stuffed peppers are generally rather easy to make; there are so many ways to go about doing them. Here I used lamb; so if you are a fan of Greek food then perhaps you might enjoy these! You can use red or green peppers or a combo of both. The banana pepper adds a little bit of sweetness to it as well as some spice.
Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers
What You Need:
- 4 bell peppers (red, green or both)
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp coarse ground sea salt
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 banana pepper, minced
- 1 cup cauliflower, shredded/grated
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice peppers in half, remove insides and place in glass/pyrex baking dish.
- In a small skillet sauté shallot and garlic over low/medium heat.
- After 2-3 minutes add ground lamb, coriander, cumin, oregano, sea salt, carrot, banana pepper and cauliflower. Stir to combine and cook until meat is browned.
- Add tomato paste and fresh mint. Stir until everything is well blended.
- Scoop the lamb mixture into each bell pepper. Add a little water to the bottom of the pan, cover with foil and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, remove foil and cook for another ten minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes then serve.